New Member

I received unemployment benefits from Wisconsin while living in Minnesota. Does that qualify as earning money from another state?

New Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

No, unemployment benefits  from a former (other) state are not considered  money "earned in another state."

In this case, you do not need to file a WI tax return just because you got WI unemployment benefits.

View solution in original post