Mzzeig74

How long after you get a case can you expect the tax advocate to contact you?

I contacted the tax advocate in my state they assigned me a case number just want to know how long will it take the tax advocate to call me.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

It varies, depending upon the workload of that particular office. But be prepared to wait.

There are too many variables to know.  It can depend on their workload, the number of staffers, the speed of the staffers, amount of research they need to do re: your problem.   You could call the general number back and ask them what their average turnaround time is to get a general idea.
scage123

I faxed the form in to request a tax advocate.  At the bottom of the form, it states to call the office if you do not hear from them first.  My advocate called me exactly a week later.

I got an advocate on March 25, 2018. I still have yet to receive my refund.nit is now July 5, 2018. I was told by my advocate that it was processed since the 21st of May and I'm due a refund between July 2-6 but tomorrow is the 6th and I was calling the advocate office leaving messages since the 25th because I received a letter from the IRS and needed clarity but NO one returned my call after several faxes and telephone messages. My next contact date is July 19, 2018 just for them to tell me what I was trying to call them about a week ago. Then I would have to wait another 4-6 weeks for them to give me another contact date which will be around Aug 19th for them to tell me the fixed the issue. Then have to wait another 4-6 weeks for my refund sometime in September because they don't answer faxes or phone messages. This issue could have been handled in June.......smh