My turbo tax intuit says i need to update my browser, but my ipad browser is already updated. It will not let me move past this message to get to my return

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you want to use your iPad, you should download the free turbotax app from the app store.  the turbotax app on iOS devices is just a different way to access turbotax online, it is not the standalone desktop program.  You can start online or in the app and switch back and forth as needed.

What I don't know is whether the programmers want to force you to use the App and are disallowing tablet browsers, or if they just left the iOS version of Safari off the safe list.  You might try installing Chrome or Firefox for iOS, and see if that works.  If it does, could you let me know here?

The product quality team was unable to replicate the problem, and I got no such warning using an iPhone with iOS 10.2.  

Were you using the iOS device that you used to post here (iOS 10.2) or a device that has not been upgraded?  If so, what version of iOS is that iPad using?  Do you have any content blockers or browser add-ons installed?

Well I'm using Chrome and Safari! Still won't let me by without using their app.

I cannot get past the update page for Google Chrome

MoniqueLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are using an iPad or mobile device you have to use the Online web version or the Mobile App. You will want to check to make sure that your system meets all of the requirements. 

Please see below for more information and other possible solutions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/turbotax-mobile-may-state-your-browse...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ksd

I also tried logging in from my laptop and from my office computer; both with the latest versions of Chrome and I also got the notice to upgrade.  I finally got past that but now can't get past logging in.  It's telling me to verify I'm not a robot by completing a task and then select continue but it doesn't give me a task to complete.  Goes to a small white box with nothing in it and no directions. 

Travipr

Im having the same problem.  Once I login “it looks like you’ll need a quick browser update “ message.  I tried from a MAC. Chrome and Safari are up to date tried from an IPhone, a tablet and even a windows computer with all software updates.  I have used TurboTax for years. I have waited a week.  Unfortunately, if is not resolved by today I will do my taxes somewhere else.  
Something I don’t want to do! 

KileyB

I have tried it with Chrome... I think it is trying to get me to update my web browser through the app store... the problem is, I no longer have an apple ID to use on my MacBook in their app store... I have a feeling this means I am totally screwed unless I get a new computer.

I am having the same issue on my laptop with Chrome

I did all that. I went to upgrade google Chrome and I am all up to date but still will not let me get past the same screen to update my browser.

I've been trying for over a week to log into my long standing Turbo Tax account, been using the desktop home computer, Firefox browser online version of Turbo Tax for over 15 years now. I can only get as far as the page that says I need to update my browser. I've always used Firefox on my home desktop, never an issue before. After 'updating'...nothing different. Won't let me in. After trying repeated 'updating' each time Intuit asks me to do so...nothing.  This is January 18, 2020 so it's NOT an old problem. Any clue about what is going on here? Oddly enough, T.T. / Intuit allowed me in the site to post this help message, but not into the actual 

site so I can get to work.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Here are the system requirements use TurboTax for your Desktop home computer. Please click on the link below: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/system-requirements

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is funny that the issue says "resolved," but its not resolved. 

I am on my laptop and have Google Chrome updated and still get prompted to "update my browser."

This is the same laptop used for tax filing last year, which completed without issue. 
I did some searching and thought perhaps some Google Extension needed updating, but can't find evidence that is what the problem is and it doesn't appear that there are any extensions to update on my device. 

I would like to think that this isn't some conspiracy to get us all to download and use the TurboTax App, but what else could it be... I am sure the IT experts at Turbo could have resolved this issue by now and removed or updated the code in their program that is causing this issue. It is not a single user issue and I am honestly surprised that the problem still exists.