How do I report additional income through Rover dog sitting and Rev transcription, if less than 20,000?

Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you earned income not reported on a W-2, you are by default self-employed for that income. You will need to enter it on Schedule C, found in the Self-Employed Edition.

You may or may not have gotten a reporting form 1099-Misc. You may enter the income regardless.

1) Didn't get a 1099-Misc for your self-employed income?

Report income without a 1099. Here's how to do that:

• Click on Federal Taxes on the top row of TurboTax Deluxe Online.
  • Click Wages & Income
  • Under All Income, click Show all income
  • Scroll to Self-Employment, click Start
  • Click Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
  • Enter any income from sales or services that weren't reported on Forms 1099-MISC

2) Here are the quick instructions for entering your 1099-MISC. Keep in mind:

There are several types of 1099-MISC forms, with different requirements on your tax return (See details below).

• After you enter the info from your form, we’ll ask you questions to determine the type of 1099-MISC, whether that’s Self-Employment or another type like Rental Properties and Royalties, Farm Income and Farm Rental, etc. We’ll determine what type of income you received and link your 1099-MISC to the correct income section of your return.
Instructions
  1. Open your return.
     (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the Take me to my return button.)
  2. Search for “1099-misc” at the top. In the search results, click the “Jump to” link.
  3. Now follow the screens to enter your 1099-MISC info and answer some questions.