Starting new tax return for another person

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

How do I start a new account?

With the online software you can only file one federal return per account. If you want to file another return for someone else you will have to create a new account for that.

how do I do that?

See my answer below

I couldn't successfully download online so I went ahead and purchased the CD from Staple and loaded it. Thus, I should be able to add my son's return.

What problems are you having with the CD program?  Go up to FILE-New.  Are you on Windows or Mac?

MAC

I click on file, but there is no new. It just goes to my return.

I'll ask a Mac person, @macuser_22

With TurboTax running so that "TurboTax" in the top menu bar next to the Apple symbol, click on File, then New Tax Return.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I added a new answer box with a screenshot.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Online is only good for 1 return.  But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.   How to start another return in the Online version      https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288574

Open a new tax return in Mac

eppoolman

Hey Donald.  You should be able to click "new return"  Turbo tax will begin a new return and you can enter your information.

Respectfully,

James S.