Keeps saying I need to upgrade my Google Chrome or Safari and I did both but still insists I do that?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

For whatever reason, turbotax does not recognize mobile browsers as secure for doing your taxes using a web browser.

Instead, if you are using a mobile device, you should download the turbotax app from the app store.  The mobile app is a direct portal to the turbotax online web site.  A tax return started in the mobile app can be finished in a web browser and the other way around. 

View solution in original post

what do you do after you download chrome my web page wont let do anything after I downloaded it on my PC

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You may need to clear your cache and cookies also you may need to reboot your computer after you download a new browser. Also you may want to try and use another browser.

To clear your cache use this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

To clear your cookies use this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

Also please see this TurboTax FAQ for information on minimum system requirements:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/system-requirements

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JustMe22

Every time I log into turbotax.com, it tells me I need to update my Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.  I have updated Chrome on my desktop and laptop and I continue to get the same message.  It won't even let me log on to my account.  What is going on?  I do not feel comfortable using my mobile device since I have files that need to be uploaded that are not on my phone.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

After updating Chrome, I would suggest restarting your computer then try logging back in to TurboTax Online.  Also, update your other browsers to see if you continue to experience the same issues with those browsers.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I continue to have the same problem. I have updated Chrome, cleared cookies and cache, restarted my MacBook Air, and tried to open TT; SAME RESULT - right back to a screen requiring me to update my browser. WHAT NEXT? Please help.

CaSacMan

Nearly finished my tax returns on my very old home computer, but for some reason TurboTax will not let me log-in on a new and more update computer at work . . .  says I need to update my browser.  It is updated and it still doesn't work. I've been using TurboTax for six years and never had this problem.  Customer Service is subpar.  TurboTax is no longer a user-friendly tool for completing taxes.  I'm moving on to another product to complete taxes. 

LOL!  I'm on my PC and can't continuing downloading all the browsers.  Can't get past your upgrade browser page so I'm moving on to hrblock.  You have issues and no other tax site has customers dancing thru hoops clearing this and doing that!  Have a nice day.

Sidzone

@Opus 17 Champ,

Your answer on this is confusing. I understand the security issue of mobile filing being the hurdle, and I don’t wanna file that way anyhow.  The problem comes in claiming the discount we rate as drivers, securing the software on our computers (like we used to be able to) using whatever promo code, then file our taxes via the computer.

Your post speaks of a filing “started in the mobile app”, which is the disconnect. We cannot start what cannot even be accessed to begin with.  

How do we get the free promo access earned, but for install on the computer?