Hi. I'll be using the Free Edition account in TurboTax to file my taxes this year. Will I still be able to download my 2018 tax return for free? Thank you.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3355524-when-does-access-to-my-prior-year-turbotax-online-returns-...

Note:  Every year, before mid-October, print a copy of your current year tax return and save it as a tax file and pdf, too.  That way you will have it when you need it for school, a loan, next year’s tax return, etc. without going through a lot of aggravation (and expense)  to get it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899645-how-do-i-save-my-2018-turbotax-online-return-as-a-tax-data...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1912544-how-do-i-save-my-2018-turbotax-online-return-as-a-pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

My question was, even if I'll be using the Free Edition will I still be able to download the PDF version online? I'm referring for the return filing this year. Thanks so much!

Yes.  Read the links I gave you.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You have to upgrade and pay for the Plus edition ($19.99) to access prior year online tax returns, provided you signed onto the 2018 account using the exact same User ID that was used for the prior year accounts.
This assumes that you either did not use the 2017 online editions or you did use the 2017 online editions but only the Free edition without upgrading to Plus or higher for 2017.

Thank you for all your responses! I don't need the prior returns as I have a copies of it. I had my CPA file my taxes for the last 3 years. I'll be using TurboTax online this year because my tax forms are so simple.

Make sure you save before mid-October.  After that you have to pay to get access.

Will do, thank you so much! 🙂 What happened to IRS? I wasn't aware about this whole shutdown till I read your response.

You have not been aware of the government shutdown?  Do you not pay any attention to the news?  Google it.

You can download the PDF of the tax return using the Free edition after you register the edition.
Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.