We are Massage Therapists, can we wright off what we pay for our license in 2016?

We need our licenses in order to work so we just wanted to make sure we could put this expense in  somewhere. Thank you!
DS30

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes you can deduct these Licensing fees if they are required for your work and are considered ordinary and necessary for your employment. Click this TurboTax link for additional information about job-related expenses:

http://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-deductions-and-credits-2/what-are-job-related-tax-deductions-930...

If you report your income from a W-2, you can include these expenses as "job related expenses" on Schedule A. Please note that you will only be able to deduct these expenses if you itemize your deductions on your tax return. TurboTax will guide you in determining if your tax liability will be less through the standard deduction or itemized deductions.

To enter these business fees in TurboTax, sign into your TurboTax account > select "Continue your return"(for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here , then select "Take Me to My Return")>Federal Taxes tab > Deductions and Credits > "I'll choose what I work on" > scroll down to "employment expenses - job related expenses (see screenshot #1). Start this section and answer all the various questions related job expenses until you get to a screen that's titled "job-related expenses" where you can enter your license fees and amounts (see screenshot #2).

If you report your income on Self-employment on Schedule C, you will include this fee as a business expense under "taxes and license" In TurboTax Home and Business under Business Tab > Business income and expenses>Profit or losses from your business.