Will it be cheaper buy software at Costco ( deluxe - $39.99)? My fee is 69.98 if i use web. Do i still have to pay more for filing both Federal and state? Thanks.

I'm ready to file but still deciding which method would be cheaper to file. I'm qualified to file for free from other tax websites as our income is less than $66,000.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You have to see which version of Deluxe Costco is selling for that price--it comes with and without state software--if you need to prepare a state return make sure the state program is included.  There is always an extra fee with the desktop software to e-file a state return, but you can print it and mail the state to avoid that fee.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I just looked at the Costco site--that $39.99 is for federal and state.  Go for it.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**