katk615

I have obamacare through NYS health and received a 1095-B, but when I click the appropriate health plan it brings me to filling out the 1095-A form. What should I do?

IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

See this Link to the NYS health Frequently Asked Questions about Form 1095-A

The Form 1095-A is only issued for Qualified Health Plans purchased through NY State of Health at the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels.

The Form 1095-A is not issued for Catastrophic plans, for Medicaid plans, or for Child Health Plus plans because consumers in these plans are not eligible for the Premium Tax Credit (PTC). Are you sure that you didn't have one of these plans? If you did, you may get a 1095-B, but no 1095-A

If you had one of the plans that doesn't get a 1095-A, in the Health Insurance section, change your selection.

If you were supposed to get a 1095-A and didn't get one and you are the account holder on your NY State of Health account, you can find the form in your online account at www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov. Log in to your account and look for the Form 1095-A in your inbox. If you are unable to access your account online, please call NY State of Health at 1-855-766-7860. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MM58
Level 1

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

The above answer almost contains all information, but it doesn't include that "Essential Plans" are also not issued a 1095-A along with the others listed and only issued a 1095-B. The FAQ is also from a few years back. The 2019 FAQ about 1095-B can be found here on their website, or here is a direct link to the PDF.