New Member

I received a 1099-R for freelance/consulting income; it should have been reported on a 1099-MISC. I've contacted the issuer. What else should I do to correct this error?

I'm not overly confident in the issuer's ability to properly correct the 1099-R to make it a 1099-MISC. I have business expenses to write off against the 1099-MISC income since it was from freelance/consulting work. I have documentation to support the 1099 income from this company. Thanks for any advice you can offer.