New Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Your daughter's W-2 must be entered on her own return. Dependent's income must always be entered on their own return.

If she made more than $6,300 W-2 income or $400 self employment then she must file a return. Anything less she is not required but it is a good idea to file a return to get back withholding. Be sure she selects someone else can claim her as a dependent on her return.