Do I have to claim Uber income less than $100

i only made $78 with Uber last year.  Am i still required to claim it? How do i go about reporting it if so?
RyanH2

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, you must claim any income made to the IRS.

You will need to fill out Schedule C to report your 1099-K as business income. If you made under $400, you don't have to pay self-employment tax, but you still have to report it on Schedule C as that is where the IRS will be looking for the income. If you choose to file it as miscellaneous income you may receive a letter from the IRS.

If you are an Uber driver and received a 1099-K, then you would enter your pay as freelance business income.
You will need TurboTax Home & Business to enter Schedule C(IRS form for freelance business) to complete your return.

To Enter Your 1099-K Into TurboTax Home & Business:

1. Select "Business" at the top of the screen

2. Choose "Continue", then "I'll choose what I work on"

3. Select "Start" next to "Business Income and Expenses"

4. Select "Edit" next to your business name

5. Select "Visit All" next to Business Expenses

6. Select "Start" next to "General Income"

7. Proceed to answer the questions and enter the appropriate items

Example 2: Richard is an Uber driver and gets a 1099-K that shows $15,000 in total fares. After Uber's commissions and fees, the amount he actually received was $10,000. He enters $15,000 as income and $5,000 as commissions under the Business Income and Expenses topic. If he also gets a 1099-MISC, he would enter it as additional income.

View solution in original post

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I can’t seem to find the exact answer anywhere and I want to be completely sure. So if I made under $400 (I made about $70) I do not have to file this on my taxes? I can’t imagine that I would have to pay $90 to uprgrade my turbo tax on an income of $70. That would mean I net $-20 to drive people around for uber in 2018?