Can credit-card statements be used as parking meter receipts for client visits?

I'm a small business owner (LLC), with a home office.  One of my long-term clients requires me to be onsite at least a few days out of the week and does not reimburse mileage and parking. I have a letter from the client stating the former but the only parking option are meters.  At first didn't think I could deduct the parking because the meters don't provide receipts, but I thought I'd get some advice.  

Can my credit card statements showing the charges be used as a receipt?  The meter charge dates will line up with my mileage log one-to-one.

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

As long as you keep a "contemporaneous record" - best in the form of a journal showing the days you are on site at the client, then the credit card charges will provide substantiation for not only parking transportation expenses but also any mileage that may be deductible - depending on how you deal with vehicle expenses and assuming that this one client is not your only one business location stop in a day.

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.