B14

How stop Intuit from collecting private data?

Installing TurboTax 2017 I too quickly clicked through the first or second screen and saw flash by a checkmark on my agreeing to send Intuit some sort of data. I DO NOT AGREE but can find NO way in the program or the account or anywhere else to change that option. There was no way to back up. I even deleted the download and redid it and it now starts with the screen asking me to register. I refuse to register until/unless I can cancel that send data to Intuit option. How???

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

It is a bit different on a Mac.  Top menu bar -> TurboTax -> About TurboTax -> License Agreement - Check box.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Actually, from out previous tests, even if you check that box during the installation (or uncheck it, whatever the case may be), it seems that does NOT register in the program, and it still collects your private data anyways.

Anyways, in answer to your question, if you go to the "Help" menu, then to "About ...", then choose the "Privacy Info" tab, you can uncheck the box.