Is there a way to know when I will be able to file, or is it possible to take off the education part so that I can go ahead and file my taxes since that is the only thing

CathyB

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If the education part is generating an error, try deleting the Form 1098-T information and re-entering (go to > Federal > Deductions & Credits > edit the education section). If that doesn't work, you can also clear your return and start over (Clear & Start Over option is available under Tools). That may solve the issue.

E-file is currently available in TurboTax but the IRS will not begin accepting tax returns for E-filing until January 29, 2018. Your returns may have a Pending status in TurboTax which means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet.

After January, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24-48 hours before coming back as either Accepted or Rejected. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer.

If you contact the government or try look up your refund status while your return is still pending, don't be surprised if they tell you "no record found." This is normal; until the government starts reviewing and processing your return, they won't have any record of it.

The estimated 21-day period to receive a refund is calculated from the date the E-File is successfully submitted to the IRS--and not necessarily from the date it is submitted in TurboTax which means the earliest tax refunds will be issued is mid- to late February.

View solution in original post