New Member

W2 has wrong ssn on your side

My w2 from [PII removed]was found in your system but it has my wrong ssn and i cant file. I have the hard copy and it has the correct ssn. how do i fix this?
New Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

You will need to delete the imported W-2 and manually add the correct W-2. Please see my previous answer for instructions on deleting a W-2 from your return in TurboTax Online:

To add your W-2 to your return, you will do the following:

  • Log into your TurboTax Online account, or open your return in TurboTax Desktop.
  •  Click to Continue your return or choose Take me to my return
  • Click on Federal Taxes (choose the option labeled: I'll choose what I will work on, if offered)
  • Click on Wages & Salaries
  • Click the box to indicate that you have a Form W-2  to add or choose to edit a W-2 already in your return

View solution in original post