Will my refund still be approve if I forgot one my w2 and one of my husband's w2?

I still haven't gotten approved and I'm wondering if they r going to hold my refund because I forgot 2 w2s

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

It may be. Sometimes the IRS will catch your missing W-2 and send you a letter letting you know about the missing information and they will correct it for you or if you have other issues on your return they may reject it.  So, in the meantime, you will need to wait to see if it is processed or not. 

If rejected, you will simply need to fix whatever error caused it to be rejected, then add your W2 and then resubmit your return.

If accepted, once your return is processed you will need to follow these instructions to Amend Your Return once the 1040X is available in Turbo Tax. You will see your refund/amount due set back to $0, you will then be able to enter your W2. Your amended return must be paper filed.  When you get to the end, it may "appear" that you can e-file it, but it must be mailed.  It will take 10-14 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.  Once submitted you can check the status of your amended return here Where's My Amended Return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This confuses me because everywhere else said wait for your refund if they accepted it which they did

Are you saying on Where's My Refund it has not been approved?

It says it has been received and thru r processing it not it has not been approved just received since Jan 31 and the tax place said they have accepted it.

Did you qualify for the Earned income tax credit or Child Tax Credit?

Yes

And if I owe on a federal grant that is 1000 will they just take that portion and give me the rest

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2018, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing">https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing</a>

I knew that part I was worried I wouldn't get my first refund

You have several things happening here.  If they happen to catch the missing W-2's this could also keep you from getting a refund depending on if you would still qualify for one or not.  Added income sometimes increases the amount you will get but other times it will lower the amount.

It was only a couple thousand difference and we didn't make much last year at all the year before we made way more and still qualified for both so in that case if it wasn't more difference would I get my refund and do an amendment after I get my first refund.

This is what I was wondering about my tax service place told me that I would still get my first refund and then I can file an amendment. Are they wrong

We made less than 18000 on 2017 so I kno we will still qualify for one.
mgurley86

So what happened?