My husband and I are separated and filling legally separated I am claiming our two girls and he was claiming our son but his return was rejected saying our son was already being claimed how would I ma

SharonC1

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Have you filed your tax return? Could you have accidentally used your son's social security number with a daughter's name?

I have filled and I think I forgot to take his out!! How do I fix this???
SharonC1

Unfortunately at this point, you will have to amend our tax return.  

Also, your husband will need to mail his in to the IRS as he will not be able to e-file.

You will need to amend your tax return.  This will be available in TurboTax around the middle of February.  Amending is a simple process in TurboTax.  I will provide instructions below.

You will need to wait until the IRS receives and processes your original return.  Wait until you receive the refund on your original tax return (or your check clears if you had to send a payment).

This article shows you how to amend your 2018 tax returns prepared in TurboTax.  If you used the desktop version of TurboTax, skip to step 6.

View solution in original post

If you claimed your son by mistake you have to amend your return and take him out.  Your ex will have to paper file his return,