Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Most of the folks with this problem have Windows 10-Pro.  It is "supposed" to be OK with that, but so far only installs easily on W10-Home editions....(one person with W10-Home did report an install problem....).   It is being worked on.

Anyhow, to get around it, everyone with W-10-Pro, so far, has been able to install in compatibility mode under Windows 8.   From  one of the TTX employees:

.....  Rt-click on the installation file  "Under file properties, I changed the compatability mode to Windows 8.  It installed right away, and seems to be working ok."

Then make sure you "Run as Administrator" to install

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

@TurboTaxArunkumar

Another one?
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Arunkumar

Thanks for tagging SteamTrain. We might have to get more details on the OS config details or hardware details to understand if specific combination is causing any trouble.
longmere

I opened TurboTax under explorer, found install file, right clicked and used "troubleshoot compatability" and I was able to install 2017.  I'm running Win 10 and initially had trouble installing program.  Have used TurboTax for years.
npospam

I had the same issue today with W10-Home.  Installed perfectly once I changed the compatability mode to Windows 8.  Thanks!
emigh

Attached are 3 files from failed attempts and one after using Win 8 compatibility mode.

Arunkumar

Thanks for sharing. However, am unable to access it. It says that it has expired. Kindly request you re-share.

@TurboTaxArunkumar
Just curious for my own info.  Is there any privacy/sensitive problem with users posting log files that anyone can access in this public Internet forum?
Arunkumar

@epo39b We do attach screenshots, which doesnt have problem. Not sure if zip files have expiry. Because if i try to access, it shows that it expired.

Can someone please tell me how to install using Vista?