levywc

F2210-003 Waiver Explanation Statement

If Form 2210, Part II, Line A checkbox 'WaiverOfEntirePenaltyInd' is checked, then [WaiverExplanationStatement] must be attached to Form 2210. 

I have entered data for when I paid the taxes in Box D and I do not owe taxes. I have entered an explanation in the waiver request for 85%. IRS has rejected the return 3 times, even though turbo tax does not find an error. 

When I looked at what is sent with the tax return, it does not appear that Turbotax is sending the "Waiver Explanation Statement, even though it is filled out.  That is what is likely triggering the error from the IRS.  

I hope they can fix this soon.  

exa10driver
Returning Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Answer

Issue:  "If Form 2210, Part II, Line A checkbox 'WaiverOfEntirePenalty' is checked, the [waiverexplanationstatement] must be attached to Form 2210". Is this a TurboTax issue?

I had this problem too, but after speaking with one of the Intuit representatives we found a "work around" to get our return re-filed and accepted on 2nd attempt.

I'm using Turbo Tax Premier on a CD on a Windows Computer with all software dates loaded as of 2/18/2019.

I don't know why Form 2210 (Underpayment of Estimated Tax, Penalty Worksheet) is loading when there is a refund (state too in my case), but apparently it is on some returns.

The first thing we tried was to delete Form 2210, save the return, and close the Turbo Tax program. When I re-opened Turbo Tax I looked at the Forms menu and to my surprise Form 2210 was back and did NOT go away. In addition, there were no red exclamation errors noted. IMO there should be an error noted if the return is going to reject, but...….

So, I tried to un-check the box on Form 2210 Part II Line A, but it would not un-check.

Here's how to fix the problem without waiting for a software update (if there is one).

1. Use "override" on the check box and un-check the box on Form 2210 Part II Line A.

2. Save your return.

3. Close Turbo Tax program.

4. Re-open Turbo Tax and your return.

5. Check the Forms menu and Form 2210 should be gone and no red exclamation errors noted.

6, Re-file your return.

My Federal return was accepted within an hour.

Hope this technique works for you.

ExA10driver