$300 dollars was deposited into my bank account from tcs treas 449 but when I call them that said I owed nothing so why is my refund lower than the $886 something I was suppose to receive

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you see “TCS TREAS 449” on your payment, you will need to contact the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107, and select the option “to find out if an offset has, or will, occur.” 

TT is not advised when the IRS offsets or adjusts a refund.  Wait for a letter to arrive from the IRS.

View solution in original post

I have the same issue i received 3151 bt was supposed to receive 8285 irs and tcs tresurey states I have NO OFF SETS..what is going on
smoney21

did anybody get their money back they were supposed too?

My refund got deposited today and I noticed it is about $142 less than what I expected. I called and it says it was taken by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor. So I have to call them later and see what is up.

Did you end up getting tour money back? I’m currently going through the same scenario and I have no offset according to the phone robit

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

There can be a number of reasons why your refund was less than the amount you expected. You will be receiving a letter from the IRS explaining the difference but this can take a few weeks. TurboTax does not receive feedback from the IRS regarding money that was offset from your refund.

For more information, please see the link below:

Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower than the amount in TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"