joheyder

I am using the online Deluxe version and I'm trying to enter my capital loss carryover from last year. Do i have to upgrade to the premier version?

JulieR
Expert Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, you will need TurboTax Premier Edition. TurboTax Deluxe Edition does not support Schedule D - Capital Gains and Losses.

aburciaga11
Returning Member

Did the deluxe edition previously support this?  I am getting a message now (taxes for 2021) that I need to upgrade because "You have Capital Gains or Losses (Schedule D)," but I've had that every year previously and I'm pretty sure I only used the Deluxe edition until now. 

@aburciaga11 wrote:

Did the deluxe edition previously support this?  I am getting a message now (taxes for 2021) that I need to upgrade because "You have Capital Gains or Losses (Schedule D)," but I've had that every year previously and I'm pretty sure I only used the Deluxe edition until now. 

The Deluxe online editions have never supported investment sales reported on Schedule D.

The Deluxe desktop CD/Download editions have always supported investment sales reported on a Schedule D.  If you are using the Deluxe desktop edition, the message you see is a recommendation only, it is NOT required that you upgrade to the Premier edition.