I can't figure out why T-Tax says WI is my free state when I only want/need IL.

I downloaded T-Tax Premier did my Fed and State (Wisconsin) returns and e-filed them.  My daughter from Illinois bought a hard copy of Premier on a disk but ran out of time to do her own returns.

She brought her disk and records to me and I up installed the new copy on my laptop and when the directions asked me to delete my files before loading her copy I did.  The system confirmed this happened and only my return was left behind.

I did her Federal return on her copy just fine but when I tried to start her Illinois return T-Tax said the only free state available was Wisconsin.  

Buy two copies get get two Feds, to Fed e-files and two free "State" returns. Right?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Sorry,,,can't be done that way.  Your computer already has had it's free state.  Buying or installing another desktop copy does not add a new free state.

Either Buy the extra state...or install her desktop software on a different computer that hasn't had any 2018  TTX software installed on it yet....and see what happens there.  There may be some hacks that will allow it, but you risk losing access to your own tax files.

You could try Customer Support and see if they will do something, but they are pretty hammered for the next few days.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*