Level 7

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If you are referring to Social Security Disability income:

You should not enter a dependent's Social Security benefits reported on a SSA-1099 on your tax return.  

If the dependent earned no other income during the tax year, the income is not taxable or reportable and thus a tax return is not required.

If the child has enough other income to be required to file, then he/she should report the Social Security on his/her return.

View solution in original post