mnunes

I just submitted my taxes and chose for TurboTax to file and pay my NC state tax. Will TurboTax pay or do I need to pay through the DOR site in NC?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

TTX never pays the taxes for you......it just transmits the tax return data to the IRS or the state and they take it from there on....but only if the files are accepted.  IF rejected, the IRS and NC do nothing.

Save a copy of your tax file to a PDF file,,,and look for the "Electronic Filing Instructions" in the PDF for both the IRS and the state of NC....they are separate forms....one in the Federal section...one in the NC section.

If you arranged a payment to NC when you filed...the information and date of payment will be noted on that instruction sheet.  This is the first year NC allowed you arrange a payment with your e-filed NC tax return.  Check what date you entered...and it should happen within a day or 3..depending on what payment date you selected.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*