Will TurboTax be updating their system to reflect the individual mandate for healthcare being an "option" now to answer as per recent IRS ruling. Not want to pay penalty

It looks like the IRS cannot enforce this penalty except with future tax return funds. I would like to file my taxes without this penalty reflected in the final total since it is now an "option" to pay rather than mandated penalty.
PatriciaR

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Yes, TurboTax is in the process of adding this feature.  Please see the following:

The IRS announced on February 15, 2017 that they will immediately begin accepting returns that do not include health insurance information. This action resulted from a recent executive order aimed at reducing the burden on taxpayers.

This IRS action covers both e-filed and paper (mailed) returns.

Keep in mind, this executive order to repeal the Affordable Care Act does not change the current ACA rules that are in place, and taxpayers are still required to follow current ACA law. 

• You may receive follow-up questions and correspondence from the IRS if you file a return that doesn’t indicate your health coverage status.  

What this Means for TurboTax Users

Starting March 2, you can e-file or paper file your return without indicating if you had healthcare coverage last year. We just need a short time to add this feature to TurboTax.

This applies whether you are using TurboTax Online (or the Mobile App) or TurboTax CD/Download software. 

• We will ask about your health insurance information, but you will have the option to bypass those questions.

Related Information:

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If I've already filed, can I amend my forms to avoid this penalty?