bruce-b

Email supposedly from TurboTax saying "Reminder: You haven’t filed your 2018 taxes yet" but my return has already been accepted (and check cashed). Is this a scam?

Email said: "Let’s get your AGI and e?file your 2018 taxes 

Everything is almost done, and your return is ready to be e?filed, but you’re missing one little thing. This year, the IRS has new security rules in place that require your 2017 AGI (adjusted gross income) to confirm your identity before sending off your 2018 tax return. Sign in today and we’ll help you finish up. 

If you have already filed, please disregard this notice, and thank you for using TurboTax."

Having imported 2017 return when I started 2018's, and updated TurboTax before submitting the return, is there any reason that TurboTax would not already have had this information submitted if the claim in the email is true?  Seems like a scam to me

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Did you file using TurboTax Online, or TurboTax CD/Download (as the tag on your post suggests)? Those are *TWO SEPARATE PRODUCTS*; TT Online doesn't keep track of TT CD/Download filings. If you started with TT Online but downloaded your work (.tax file) and completed your return with TT CD/Download, TT Online only sees an unfiled return.
Carl
Level 15

It's highly probable that you have more than one online account. Therefore you would have received the notice based on the account that you did not use. Maybe you created a "Play" account last year or this year for play/testing/learning purposes?
bruce-b

That makes sense- I had tried the online version for my kids' state taxes after doing their Federal returns with the CD version, but could not do so: the states wanted the Federal return submitted along with the state return but this was rejected due to the already-filed one. I wound up printing them off and mailing them in since they were pretty simple.

Thanks.

Your entering your kids' returns into TurboTax Online explains why you got the email. Many states now require their state returns to be e-filed with the Federal return as a security measure if you use an "online" filing method (including both TurboTax Online & TurboTax CD/Download). Even though TT CD/Download charges an additional fee for state e-filing in most states (NOT included in the one free state program in most editions OR paid state programs), if you're e-filing Federal thru TT CD/Download you should either e-file state with it or file on paper.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if it was a scan i don't think they would put this in the email

If you have already filed, please disregard this notice, and thank you for using TurboTax."

I got to the same place from a different angle, by showing why Intuit sent that email. Also, the OP copied & pasted the email in a way that preserved its embedded URL, which is a 100% legit link to the TurboTax Online login page.