Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I still can't save my file after I import my trades. But will turbo tax allow you to file it with all that info prior to trying to save it . anyone try to file with this issue?

There are dozens of similar comments in these chat rooms. I spoke with an Intuit Customer Service Supervisor and I came away from the conversation with very little faith that Intuit believes this is a real problem. It's really hard to believe. Hundreds of people are losing thousands of hours of work and the customer service rep told me that the solution was simple - just start your return again. Google on Turbotax and 567809 and you'll see the frustration out there. You are not alone.

Wow! That’s hard to believe that they would rather piss off their customer base than address the problem.  Guess there will be many looking for alternatives for 2019 taxes.  

In fairness, I received this email this morning. We shall see if the problem has really been addressed, but I was happy to at least receive the acknowledgement:

Hi there,

"You are receiving this email because you signed up on a TurboTax support article regarding "Error: 567809".

We are happy to inform you a recent TurboTax update has been released resolving this issue."
greenhut

Problem fixed for me with latest update
MarkD3

today, 03/09/19, after uninstalling/reinstalling/updating TurboTax, I still get the error.  So I don't think that the 03/06/19 update has "fixed" this problem.

It's March 22, 2020, and I am trying to do my 2019 tax return.  I successfully imported 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, and 1099-B transactions from one brokerage firm.  The imported data looks accurate & matches the paper documents provided by the firm.  So, I tried to save my TurboTax file before moving ahead.   BUT...

REPEATED FAILURES pop up showing Error 567809.  Clicking on the "Click for Solution" link takes me to a useless TTax web page that says: "We're sorry.  The page you requested could not be found."  Aarrggh!

It's been a year or more ... and this STILL is not fixed? 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for reasons why you may encounter Error 567809:  Error 567809 or 102348: Cannot save tax file or Fi ...

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support team as they can assist you with further troubleshooting.  ​​​​​​What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Using Turbotax 2022, also got this error.  Not an issue with a corrupted file, not an issue with being unable to write to the directory, not an issue with the destination missing.  

I had been using "save-as" to create multiple save files to test different bonus deprecation scenarios and switching between them, had not restarted Turbotax in multiple days.

After restarting, the program could load and save just fine.  I suspect there is a handle leak within the program.