my Turbo tax electronic return was rejected. I paper-filed. Can i get the $26.80 electronic filing fee refunded?

*UPDATE - I GOOGLED THE TOLL FREE NUMBER AND SPOKE TO SOMEONE IT IS RESOLVED SATISFACTORIALLY

Hello. After using Turbo Tax,  I was forced to paper-file. (*both my state and local were rejected due to a dependent dispute so i was forced to paper file with documentation of dependents).

My credit card was charged $26.80. i assumed that amount would be refunded automatically since my return was never truly filed by Intuit. Can i speak to a live person from Intuit to ask about their policy? Or am i out $26.80 for nothing?  

i hate to say goodbye to the $26.80 without at least speaking to someone from Intuit. Anyone with a contact number please provide. thank you. 

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thanks for letting us know you were able to get your request resolved.  

View solution in original post

garrymoh

I had the same thing happen to me with no fault of mine.  TurboTax used the info from my previous return to refile and still was rejected so I was charged for my State return filing even though I had to paper file both returns.  Turbo Tax said since it was an electronic process, they still had to charge.  WHAT A RIPOFF!   I have used Turbotax for years but this is my LAST TIME.  All the money I have spent over the years and I get charged an ELECTRONIC FEE for an ELECTRONIC TRANSACTION the they screwed up?  NEVER AGAIN TURBOTAX and I will let everyone I know be aware of this scam!  

I had the same thing happen to me and now I have to paper file.  Please refund the $24.99.   Thanks

@dkindwald11 wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me and now I have to paper file.  Please refund the $24.99.   Thanks

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours. If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

When this happened to me, after paper filing, i was upset the 24.99 was not refused automatically. After waiting a week I called a turbo tax customer service agent during regular business hours. She fixed it almost immediately and I saw the refund processed. You’ll have to google the customer service number it was hard to find. But you need a live person. Good luck 

Every time I call their toll-free number, I get the **bleep** computer and cannot speak to a human without paying another $30.  That is unsatisfactory.  How can I get a refund of the e-filing fee?

Using the words "billing issues" got me a support ID and another telephone number to call.  Speaking to a human rather than a computer was much more pleasant, and I think my issue will be resolved.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I did. I was able to get the. Electronica filing fee refunded. It’s only fair since I was unable to use the electronic filing service