New Member

I started a business last year, how can i put that in my tax filings to update my refunds

Intuit Alumni

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

If it was a Sole Proprietorship without a 1099-Misc reporting form, follow the steps below. The same goes for a single member LLC, not taxed as a Corporation.

 HOW TO ENTER without a 1099-Misc

First, sign in to My TurboTax

Next, click the orange Take me to my return button

On the white bar at the top, click Federal Taxes

Then, Wages & Income

In the Self-Employment section (you may need to click Show more), next to Income and Expenses, click Start (or Revisit)

When asked "Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?" select Yes

You'll see the screen titled "Tell us the type of self-employment work you do." Enter your description, then Continue

On the next screen "Let's get income for [description]" select the button Additional income. Includes 1099-K, check/cash payments and Continue 

The next screen will say "Tell us about additional income for your [description] work." List descriptions and amounts on this screen