I haven't mailed my return how do I change my social security number?

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Why are you not planning to efile?   In any case, here's how to get back into your return:

If you have not actually filed the 2018 return at all (have not efiled and have not filed by mail), then here's how to open your return back up to continue working on it and make any corrections prior to filing.

• Log in and at the Tax Home go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."
  • Click on that line or the word SHOW to expand that section.
  • Under 2018, look for a link "Add a State" and click. (that doesn't really add one; that's just to open the return back up.)
  • Once the return is open, you can resume working on your return to make any corrections.
  • If you make changes on the Federal side, you may need to review the screens in your State Taxes as well to be sure the changes are reflected on that side.
  • Then go through the REVIEW tab to be sure all is still in order.
  • Then go through the FILE tab to choose a filing method, etc.
  • If filing by mail, it should prompt you to print the return and filing instructions.
  • If efiling, be sure you go all the way to the end to the final screen and click the button "Transmit My Returns Now".

NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes/edits to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes to an already-filed return, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.