egg1
Level 2

Turbo Tax Premier Desktop- Saying No Returns Have Been Efiled Yet, but there were

Hi

I use Turbo Tax Premier Desktop and on Saturday 9/17  e-filed the Federal and New York State Returns.  I did get the confirmation screen with transaction numbers about the e-filing.  Unfortunately I did not screen shot them because I usually immediately get a Turbo Tax email confirmation.

This time though, I did not get an email.   Now when I go to check e-file status in the program it says that no e-files were done.

Anyone else experience this and if so what should I do at this time, since I hesitate to transmit them again.

Thank you

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

To be sure you can efile them again ... if they are duplicates they will just be rejected. 

egg1
Level 2

Hi

Have you heard of this problem before?   

Yes a while ago.  The Desktop program seems to have a problem updating the status.  If you got an accepted email don't worry about it.  It's been reported.

For the Desktop program you have to check the filing status inside the program.  Open your return and go up to menu item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

Things can happen... especially on the weekends when system update occur. 

Back in April 2022, The consensus seemed to be that users needed to close and re-open the program to update the e-file status shown.  It was reported to the moderators but I don't think it was ever worked on.  Probably a pretty low priority.

egg1
Level 2

Thanks.  Maybe I will do the re-filing of them on Monday then.

egg1
Level 2

Hi

Actually did that and nothing.

Did not receive the email confirmation at the time either.

egg1
Level 2

Hi

Part of the issue is, I got the confirmation on the screen right after I did the filing with the transmittal numbers, but did not screen shot it since I knew I was going to get a confirmation email from Turbo Tax.  That never happened.

egg1
Level 2

Hi

Do you know if there is a way I can contact Turbo Tax to have them check the transmittal files for that day?

You can call if you like  OR ... run a program update then check the efile report as mentioned above.  OR you can resubmit ... if it had already been accepted the duplicate will be rejected.  

egg1
Level 2

Thank you

When using the desktop edition you can check the e-file status by clicking on the File menu at the top left of the desktop program screen.  Click on Electronic Filing>Check Electronic Filing Status

If a tax return was e-filed there will be a Postmark Report available which shows the date/time the tax return was transmitted and the date it was accepted by the Tax Authority.  Click on Forms in the upper right of the desktop program screen.  When in Forms mode, on the left side of the screen, are all the forms, schedules and worksheets for both the federal and state tax returns.  Scroll down to the state section and see if the Postmark Report is available.

OR ... check the IRS website in a couple of days.  https://www.irs.gov/refunds   If you had a balance due then enter $1 for the refund expected to force the toole. 

View solution in original post

egg1
Level 2

Sounds like a plan.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer me on this.