iksnir

How can I access a new tax form for tax year 2021 to start a different filing status

Can I file a 2021 tax return with a different filing status

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Each tax year you must complete the MY INFO section to indicate your current marital status and then based on the answers to the interview questions the program will let you know which filing statues are available to you so you can  choose the one you want for this tax year which doesn't have to be the same as last tax year. 

Please explain exactly what you are trying to do.   Did you already file a 2021 tax return?   Has that return already been processed?   What filing status did you use and what filing status are you trying to change it to?   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
iksnir

No.  I got an extension.  I want to change the tax form form to a married filing jointly and add my husband's name and W-2

Fine ... go back to the MY INFO tab and simply edit yourself.  

iksnir

The MyInfo section does not even display.  Where would I find that?

Thanks!

@iksnir wrote:

The MyInfo section does not even display.  Where would I find that?

Thanks!

My Info is on the left side column when using the TurboTax online editions and you are actually accessing the 2021 tax return.

My Info.JPG

When you enter your own information in My Info, you have to answer the question "Were you married?"  If you click the button for Married, then a drop down will appear that asks, "Do you want to file this return together with your spouse?"  Then you choose yes to file a joint return.  You would then enter your spouse's information into Personal Info.  Whenever you are entering income information there should then be a spot for you and for your spouse's income information.

When you prepare a joint return you include all the information for both spouses on the SAME tax return.  Include all of your personal information, all of your income from every source, all dependents (if any), all credits and deductions for both of you.  You get ONE refund with both names on it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**