TurboTax Business can handle Form 1120-H, which you'll need to fill out in Forms mode. Here's how:
- Open TurboTax Business, start a new return, and proceed to What type of return do you need to prepare?
- Select Business return and then C Corporation (Form 1120). Click Continue.
- In the upper right corner, click the Forms icon. This will put you into Forms mode.
- On the Corporation Information Worksheet, scroll down to Part II – Type of Return and check the first box for 1120-H.
- In Part III – Tax Year and Filing Information, enter the date your association formed in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Now scroll all the way to the bottom of the worksheet and click the very last Quickzoom button at the bottom to open the 1120-H.
- Fill out the form manually until you no longer see (Not Done) next to 1120-H in the left pane.
- Tip: Select the errors "exclamation mark" icon to see what missing fields still need to be filled out.
- When finished, click Print at the bottom of your screen, as 1120-H cannot be e-filed. You can also print the filing instructions by selecting Filing Instr in the Forms in My Return pane.
- How do I start another return in TurboTax Online?
- Can I e-file a tax return for someone who is deceased?
- How do I switch to Forms Mode in the TurboTax for Windows software?
- If I don't need to file a return, should I go ahead and file one anyway?
- How do I file Form 7004 (Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, Information, and Other Returns)?