Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Nitch
Returning Member

IRS 310 tax ref

I am amending my 2020 taxes because my parents decided not to claim me on their taxes. One of the questions Turbo Tax asked if I received the 1200 or 600 stimulus check, which I did not but on reviewing my bank account I noticed 0n 3/23/2020 a deposit for 577.00  with a code of IRS 310 Tax relief. I had applied for New York State unemployment and I thought it was from the state. When I researched the code I was coming up with a refund for unemployment taxes. I did receive unemployment in 2019.  This was a month earlier then any stimulus check were distributed. My question what is this and do I some where list this as a stimulus check on my amended taxes? There is no amount for 577. only 1200 or 600.  I also did not receive any thing in the mail explaining what it was for. It is ok  to amend my 2020 taxes correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AdamNe
Employee Tax Expert

IRS 310 tax ref

Hello @Nitch !

March 23, 2020 does not seem like the right time period for any of the stimulus payments. Did you file your own tax return for 2019? This could be your tax refund. 

Either way, I do not think you need to claim it as one of the stimulus payments on your 2020 taxes. If you didn't receive any other stimulus payments from the IRS or Treasury, you can claim them in the form of the "Recovery Rebate Credit" by answering that you did not receive stimulus in 2020. 

The IRS will automatically review your Recovery Rebate Credit claim against their records, and will either send you the refund as you expected or make an adjustment if they disagree. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AdamNe
Employee Tax Expert

IRS 310 tax ref

Hello @Nitch !

March 23, 2020 does not seem like the right time period for any of the stimulus payments. Did you file your own tax return for 2019? This could be your tax refund. 

Either way, I do not think you need to claim it as one of the stimulus payments on your 2020 taxes. If you didn't receive any other stimulus payments from the IRS or Treasury, you can claim them in the form of the "Recovery Rebate Credit" by answering that you did not receive stimulus in 2020. 

The IRS will automatically review your Recovery Rebate Credit claim against their records, and will either send you the refund as you expected or make an adjustment if they disagree. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Nitch
Returning Member

IRS 310 tax ref

Hello and thank you for answering!

I did file my 2019 taxes through Turbo tax and received refund through direct deposit. Its funny you say it was most likely my federal tax refund for 2019 because that is the amount I was getting back. So you are mostly correct that is was my federal tax return!! Many thanks for answering!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies