turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Old tax return

I didnt finish filing in 2015, am i still able to get that return or no?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Old tax return

How to finish a prior year online return   https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

You will have to print and mail prior year returns.  Use a tracking service.  Don't forget state.  Federal and state go to different places.

Old tax return

It is too late to receive a tax refund for your 2015 tax return.   If you owe tax due for the 2015 return, you still have to pay, though.  TurboTax will not calculate the late filing penalty or interest--the IRS will bill you for that after they receive your return and your payment.

A 2015 return must be printed, signed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies