turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Download of Vanguard Tax forms 2022 TurboTax

In the latest update, the IMPORT function is not working properly.    I go from the import screen directly to the Vanguard download screen (Signon to Vanguard Group - Brokerage Account), but instead of my logon credentials it is asking for account number and doc-id.  No matter what I type in the doc-id field, I get the error message that implies the entry is either blank or not correct.   Help!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelG81
Expert Alumni

For Vanguard Brokerage according to our software you need to import using the document provided in your account for the 1099. According to Vanguard, here is there release date for documents if it does not show up. Also, document id is on the first page top banner of the 1099 statement.

If your form is available open it up to get document id and account number, directly from logging into your Vanguard account. Input under the import screen and it will populate for you, if your form is available.

@enowlkr

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Vanguard probably does not have your information available for import into tax software yet.  Many of the financial institutions have that information ready for you to view online or print out for yourself but it is usually a few weeks later that they make it available to import into the software.   So....key it in by hand now or wait for it to be available for import--around mid-February ish.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
MichaelG81
Expert Alumni

For Vanguard Brokerage according to our software you need to import using the document provided in your account for the 1099. According to Vanguard, here is there release date for documents if it does not show up. Also, document id is on the first page top banner of the 1099 statement.

If your form is available open it up to get document id and account number, directly from logging into your Vanguard account. Input under the import screen and it will populate for you, if your form is available.

@enowlkr

Thanks, this worked for the brokerage forms available.    I did not realize I needed to logon to Vanguard in another browser window in order to make the update happen.

Hi TurboTax - There seems to be a significant problem between the software of your organization and Vanguard's.  At the top of the TT brokerage account import screen, the user is advised to "sign in w/ (Vanguard) brokerage account" (which implies entering my username and pw) to import the Vanguard tax forms.  However, it then guides the user to enter an account # and Doc ID.  But then it reverts back, by providing guidance on resetting name and pw on Vanguard site.  So, is the user to activate the import with their Vanguard Username and Password, or with the Account # and Doc ID?  In the past, the TT user just put in their Vanguard account # and pw, and TT just imported all the required info from TT, for all accounts of a certain type at once (aka: all brokerage accounts were imported at the same time).  Hopefully that hasn't changed, such that now the user has to enter the # of every brokerage account and manually type in the Doc ID # from each tax form .pdf on the Vanguard website.  That would be moving backward in terms of efficiency for your customers.  In any event, this new (and more labor-intensive) process doesn't seem to work anyway.  Please connect with Vanguard and fix this.     John 

2022 Vanguard Import Problems.PNG

I have Vanguard Mutual Funds.  My 1099s are available when I log in to Vanguard.  When I try and import using Turbo Tax I get the message 1099 forms from Vanguard "not available".  Below that message there is a message that says they should be available by mid January.

When will I be able to download Vanguard Mutual Fund 1099s?

Thanks

Matt

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can follow the instructions here to import your 1099. 

If it is not allowing you to after following the instructions, you will need to manually update the data into Turbo Tax. @mkaftan 

@mkaftan

You are probably trying to import too soon.  Usually financial institutions have the information online for you to view or print earlier than they have it ready for importing into the tax software.  It is often about mid-February before you can import 1099R's, 1099B's , etc.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks for the reply -  I am hoping that is the case.

Matt

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies