turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KatieH
Community Manager

MetLife + TurboTax | Ask the Experts About Your Taxes | April 3, '24

Ask_the_experts_banner_Apr3_999x167.png

Join us right here on Wednesday, April 3rd any time between 9:00am - 5:00pm Pacific Time for a special installment of our Ask the Experts event series.  This time, in partnership with MetLife Legal Plans, we'll be answering any of your tax questions, such as life changes, employee stocks, investments, maximizing deductions & credits, lowering taxable income, as well as how these situations may impact your tax situation.

RSVP by clicking the “Yes” button on the right, then come spend a minute, an hour, or the whole day in the TurboTax Community forums to get live answers from Tax and Financial Experts.  As a MetLife Legal Plans member, we’ve dedicated this day to help provide the confidence you need to file your taxes, any way you choose.  Ask unlimited questions — TurboTax is up for the challenge! Here are a few examples:

• When are taxes due this year?
  • Are there any tax implications of changing jobs?
  • What does my marital status change mean for my taxes?
  • Is it better to file married filing jointly or separately?
  • Selling stocks, ESPPs or other investments
  • What’s the max amount I can contribute to an IRA?
  • Does working remotely count as a home office deduction?
  • Can I get a deduction for donations to charitable organizations?
  • What are the most overlooked tax breaks?
  • How do I lower my taxable income? 
  • Are child care credits included?
  • What do I need to prepare for taxes this year?  

How the day will work:

Our team of Experts will be in the TurboTax Community from 9:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, April 3rd ready to tackle your tough questions and engage in conversation with you. Just click the teal “Ask a Question” button at the top of our special event forum to start a conversation! 

You can easily recognize our Experts in the forums. If they have the Expert icon by their names, they are TurboTax employees. If they have the Champ icon by their names, they are not employed by TurboTax, but they are very knowledgeable.

When you receive an answer, you’ll get a notification (check the bell icon in the upper right corner). You’ll also receive an email notification. Our goal is to answer every question that comes our way before the event is over!

We look forward to hearing from you!

To get started:

1. Click here to go to the Ask the Experts event forum
  2. Once there, click the teal blue ‘Ask a Question’ button to post

REMINDER — TurboTax DIY products are included with your MetLife Legal Plan benefits!  As a MetLife Legal Plans member, you can: 

• Prepare and file one federal and one state tax return with any TurboTax do-it-yourself product at no additional cost
  • Work with a dedicated TurboTax expert to prepare and file your taxes at a discount
  • Access the TurboTax refund calculator, tax bracket calculator, planning checklists and other helpful tips

To access your MetLife Legal Plans benefits, visit https://login.legalplans.com/register to log in or create an account.  Then under ‘Debt Matters,’ select ‘Tax Preparation & Filing’ to access your benefits.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies