Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Amending Due to Tax Law Change

Send IRS the Amended return form 1040X, I paid more in taxes so I request them to send me the refund. Now they are asking me to send corrected Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business (Sole Proprietorship), send Schedule SE, Self Employment TAX. Also please provide us the documentation reflecting the loss from 2008 that you are now claiming from 2008 to 2009. Once we receive this information , we can consider your 2017 claim. As far as 2008 carry forward is also already on return of 2016 and 2017 so why they are asking me for the 2008 carry forward to 2009 or I am understanding the statement wrong. On 2017 amendment return I did put carry forward from losses from 2008 rather should I put losses carry forward from 2016, is the confusion they have. The IRS can only go back on business records up to 7 years. Please clarify.?