Intuit

What do I do if my Lyft toll expenses didn’t import?

We recently became aware that when some customers imported their tax information from Lyft into TurboTax, the amount in the “Tolls” expense category didn’t import. Other expenses were imported correctly.

We recommend that you review your Lyft-related expenses and enter any missing toll expenses manually if you haven’t done so already.

TurboTax Online instructions

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account.
  2. Select Take me to my return.
  3. Select Federal from the menu on the left.
  4. Select Income & Expenses at the top of the screen.
  5. For self-employment income and expenses, select Edit/Add, then select Edit for your rideshare work.
  6. Find the Other miscellaneous expenses category and select Edit.
  7. If toll expenses aren’t listed on the miscellaneous expenses screen, add a new expense, entering the Tolls amount from your Lyft Tax Summary.
  8. Select Continue. Toll expenses are added to the miscellaneous expenses for your rideshare work.

TurboTax Mobile app instructions

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account.
  2. Select Take me to my return.
  3. Select the menu icon in the upper-left corner and tap Federal.
  4. Then just below, select Income & Expenses.
  5. Tap Self-employment income and expenses, then Edit your Lyft entry (you may have to tap the 3 dots to get this option).   
  6. Find the Other miscellaneous expenses category and select Edit (you may have to tap the 3 dots to get this option).

If you have questions or would like to speak with one of our support specialists during this process, please call us at 1-800-591-9371. We’re available 7 days a week, 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM (PT).

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in