There are several reasons you can get this error message:
- Your username and/or password weren't found or are incorrect.
- Check your username and password information with your financial institution.
- No tax documents are available for you to import from this financial institution.
- Your financial institution uses two-step verification to sign in.
- You may need to disable two-step verification to be able to import your 1099 into TurboTax.
- You're using TurboTax Online and your transaction count exceeds 500 (the maximum for TurboTax Online).
- The TurboTax CD/Download products can import around 2,000 transactions.
- You need to clear your cache and cookies.
- There is a connectivity issue (such as the financial institution’s website is down or under maintenance or the request times out).
- You can try again later or type your information manually.
If you still can't import your 1099 after trying the methods above, enter your information manually.