If you know last year's refund amount, you don't need a 1099-G. Follow these steps to enter last year’s refund amount:
- Sign in to your account and open the Wages and Income section of your return.
- Under Income and Expenses, select Add more income.
- Look for the Other Common Income section and select Show more.
- Select Start on the Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Returns section.
- Enter your refund amount.
- Do I need to report the state or local refund I got last year? Is it taxable?
- Where do I enter a 1099-G for a state or local tax refund?
- Where do I find last year's state/local refund so I can report it on this year's taxes?
- Did I itemize last year?
- Where do I report a 1099-G for unemployment or paid family leave?