Some common reason taxpayers can't claim the Credit for Other Dependents are:
- Your child no longer qualifies as your dependent.
- Your child or dependent provided more than half of their financial support in 2019.
- Your child or dependent didn’t live with you for the time period requirements 2019.
- Your dependent had more than $4,200 of gross income in 2019.
You can review more information about the requirements for claiming the Credit for Other Dependents.
- What is the $500 Credit for Other Dependents (“Family Tax Credit”)?
- Can I qualify for the Earned Income Credit if I didn't work, was unemployed, or am not required to file a return?
- What is a qualifying child for the Earned Income Credit (EIC) in 2019?
- What are the qualifications for the Earned Income Credit (EIC or EITC)?
- What is the Child Tax Credit?