Can I still itemize my deductions? - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
TurboTax has your taxes covered during coronavirus. Stay up-to-date on the latest tax info here.
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.2573 helpful votes

Can I still itemize my deductions?

When you finish going through the Deductions & Credits section, we'll automatically give you the deduction, Standard or itemized, that gives you the best outcome on your federal taxes. We estimate that nearly 90% of federal tax filers will be better off taking the higher Standard Deduction.

If you still want to switch to the itemized deduction, you can do that. Follow these instructions.

With state returns, things are a little different. Some states, like Illinois and Massachusetts, don't have itemized deductions, while others, like New York, require that you choose the same deduction you took on your federal return. When you get to your state return, we'll let you know what’s available according to your state's tax laws.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post