Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I include education expenses I paid in 2017 or earlier?

You can’t include expenses you paid in 2017 (or earlier) on this year’s 2018 tax return. If you forgot to include them, you'll need to amend your prior-year return to claim those expenses.

Likewise, if you paid tuition in 2018 for the 2019 school year and the classes begin in the first three months of 2019, you’ll include them on your 2018 tax return.

Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in