turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Carla2020

Where will my stimulus go?

I had my whole income tax return taken by the government  so where will I get my stimulus check through you all? how do I add my new checking account info.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

Alice Moore
Returning Member

Were  will my check come

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose direct deposit, and is depositing some stimulus payments onto prepaid debit cards for filers that chose to receive their refund through that method.

For the majority of prepaid debit card holders there is nothing more to do as the stimulus payment will be deposited to their account. If your customer no longer has access to their debit card, we encourage them to visit https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com for assistance by logging in to their account, or using the Self Help available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mminor

I'd like to change my bank information 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The IRS is preparing Websites to update information and check your filing status.  It is expected to be completed in mid-April.

Please read what it says on the right hand side where it says “Filers: Get Your Payment”

Get Your Payment Status

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privas64
Returning Member

I did it on February 25 and still didn't get it

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies