turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

devrev85

have 524 credit score which card do I need for unsecured credit card to help build my credit

Unsecured credit cards for poor credit which one approves?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

have 524 credit score which card do I need for unsecured credit card to help build my credit

I would suggest contacting Capital One we're reaching out to your Bank. Most banks offer the credit card you need to rebuild your credit just put down a decent deposit I would suggest no more than you can handle so you're able to maintain it without going over 30% have your credit limit
JBJ
Level 3

I get, given the explicit nature of the title (unsecured vs. secured) that you're probably pretty clearly looking for an unsecured card, but, for the sake of ensuring this thread captures both sides, lemme vouch for grabbing a secured card now. 

A longer read is here: https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/secured-credit-cards-vs-unsecured-difference/, but the cliff notes are: 

- it's gonna be hard to qualify for an unsecured card at moment (I'm not sure, and nothing's impossible, but I suspect it'll be hard), and if you do, the interest will be pretty darn high 

- a secured card certainly has its draw backs, but it'll help you build your credit to a better spot, which'll broaden your unsecured card options and thus (probably) lower your interest rates 

So... it'll be a slower road to travel, but ultimately a cheaper one. And again, apologies if you're only in the market explicitly for an unsecured card! 

Capitalone has a good secure card.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies