turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Credit card

Trying to pay for State efiling fee of $19.99 but Turbo Tax won't accept my known good credit card. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Bees
Level 7

Credit card

Are you filing from an international location? Even with a US based card if the billing address is outside the US it is a problem.

You can contact Turbotax support to help https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.

Credit card

I'm having the same problem.  I am done doing my taxes and want to pay the $19.99 state filing fee and it won't let me.  How do I submit my payment so I can transmit my taxes?

Bees
Level 7

Credit card

Try clearing the credit card fields , close you file and  browser. Use a different browser if you can. 

Contact the turbotax folks through that link above if it is still not working.

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.

Credit card

Call [phone number removed] (TurboTax Customer service) and they will process your filing fee manually and charge your credit card.  Dave

kerryfb

Credit card

Another user said if there is a period after your middle initial, to remove it.  After countless tries to submit my card, doing this finally worked.  I have never had this happen before, have used TT for years.  It is NOT a MS problem as they state.  Something like this should be easily fixed.  

Credit card

One of the answers states to contact TurboTax using the link above - BUT there is no link above. This is very frustrating. Several known good cards are not accepted. Now, what do I do?

Credit card

Thank you. Eliminating a period after my middle initial on the credit card was what it took for the machine to accept payment. This should be easy to fix, if they care, but it was not a problem before, as they had my payment info in the system from prior years, and it had worked then. Someone changed something - The imbeciles didn't notice what they had done.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies