turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ljyb

fraudulent use of my credit card.

I used my chase card May 5th to pay for my turbo tax filing.  That was the only time I used my credit card on that date.  I received a notice a day later, that someone had access it and charged multiple charges of 120.00., on May 5th. Luckily my card company caught this and considered fraudulent.  When I got home and checked my account another charge was on it, besides the one from intuit, for May 5th in the amount of 489.00 plus.  Someone access my card when I paid to do my taxes. You might want to check this out. This is exactly why I did not use my debit card.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I hadn't used my card in a while.  Paid Intuit on 2/25th-26th and shortly after that it was used to buy an iPhone!  Weird.  I called on the charge both to Apple and to the credit card company.  They reversed the charge... sort of!  thought that was that....then

The iPhone arrived 4 days later!!!  I have to send it back.  Time consuming to do all the credit reports.  FTC report and Police Report.  

I was concerned since they used my card and my address with NOT my phone number - someone else's, and NOT my correct email address, that this was the first step in a bigger scam. (as the scammer didn't get the phone... I did) 

There have been glitches on turbo tax website that I commented on.... like the error message when I try to log out, 

It wasn't taken seriously.  The error is still there! 

DOES not instill confidence.  My love of intuit and turbo tax is hitting the skids.

I am not on social media, I close my browser and clear history and cookies.

Has anyone else had problems in 2022?

@ NanC29 wrote:
There have been glitches on turbo tax website that I commented on.... like the error message when I try to log out.  It wasn't taken seriously.  The error is still there! 

DOES not instill confidence.  My love of intuit and turbo tax is hitting the skids.

I can't comment on your credit card situation, but I can comment on the error notice you get when you log out of Online TurboTax.   I suspect everyone (or a least a lot of folks) gets that log-out error.   I'm so used to it that my mind doesn't really pay any attention to it anymore.   TurboTax has been aware of it for at least 2 years.   I realize it's not of significance in the grand scheme of things and that their product engineers have their hands full addressing other product issues.  But it does indicate a lack of pride--sort of like someone who lets the weeds grow in his yard and doesn't mow the grass; it would look better if they did.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies